The Job Role
We have an exciting opportunity to join our business as an Apprentice Technician and support our growing technical department in Leeds.
This is an ideal opportunity if you have an interest in the AEC (Architecture, Engineering & Construction) Sector and are looking for on-the-job training, working on some of the UKs most renowned buildings.
ACS is the largest and most innovative manufacturer of structural building components in the UK. With over 40 years’ experience in the construction industry, we have a unique understanding of the challenges our customers face on every building project.
Every team member at ACS contributes to our success. Come and join our team and become a key part of the UK’s leading, specialist structural building components company.
- Assisting with the production of 2D AutoCAD drawings using a combination of floorplans, elevations, and sections to be submitted to architects, engineers and subcontractors for approval and working with them to ensure the product meets their exact project requirements.
- Develop design ideas using CAD software.
- Help to manage project CAD directories, drawing management and paper filing systems to ensure that all work complies with company procedures and standards and to help improve these systems.
- Customer service – producing and sending reports to customers.
- Project planning – Projects include commercial, industrial residential buildings, including iconic buildings such as football stadiums, national event centres and educational institutes.
The ideal candidate
- Task focused with a strong attention to detail and accuracy in completing tasks
- Must have enthusiasm and a good attitude to learning
- Excellent work ethic
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Basic Computer literate – Microsoft Office
It is a course requirement to have the below qualification to apply for this type of apprenticeship:
Level 3 Apprenticeship – 5 GCSEs at grades (4-9) A*-C including Maths, English, and Science.
Level 4 Apprenticeship – 5 GCSEs at Grades (4-9) A*-C including Maths, English, and Science. (If candidates have a relevant level 3 qualification or appropriate ‘A’ levels, they may progress straight to year 2 of the course)
What we can offer you
- Monday to Friday working week
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- On Site Gym
- Staff Discount at multiple outlets
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent opportunities for progression
Great Transport Links
Cycle to Work
Free Car Charging Points
Don't just take our word for it ...
I've been at ACS for 10 years now and really enjoy seeing the company grow and new members of the team join us. I love my training role in sales as it enables me to impart my knowledge and experience and then witness new starters blossom and grow!
Sam Clarkson, Training & Improvement Coordinator
I'm a first-year Apprentice at ACS, I studied at the UTC and joined ACS in September 2021. So far, I am really enjoying my time at the company, it has been a great experience. When I first started it was a lot to take in, however the training is good and very interesting, and the trainers are very knowledgeable and easy people to be around.
I work in the HR Department as an Apprentice HR Administrator. I have been with ACS for almost a year now and due to finish my course in January 2023. Since I started, I have really enjoyed my time here, I have learnt so much and gained a lot of new skills due to the training and support from my manager, my college tutors and my colleagues. The culture across the business is really good, and I felt as though I fit in with everyone straight away, everyone was really welcoming.