The Job Role
We have an exciting opportunity to join our business as an Apprentice Welder and help create integral structural components that will be installed across the UK.
ACS is the largest and most innovative manufacturer of structural building components in the UK. With over 40 years’ experience in the construction industry, we have a unique understanding of the challenges our customers face on every building project.
We design and supply masonry support, brick slip systems, wall ties, cavity tray, and many more for modern day buildings big and small. Innovation is at the forefront of what we do. Our highly skilled technical and manufacturing teams are continually innovating at our state-of-the-art, carbon neutral manufacturing facility in Leeds.
Every team member at ACS contributes to our success. Come and join our team and become a key part of the UK’s leading, specialist structural building components company.
- Responsible for joining metal using a variety of techniques to form new structures.
- Duties include cutting and welding materials according to technical plans
- Free Hand Welding
- Machine Welding
- Offloading parts of skeleton from the laser cutting machine
- Operating various production machinery such as Brake Press, Punch Press, Laser Cutting, and Nesting
Essential skills and characteristics
- Task focused with a strong attention to detail and accuracy in completing tasks
- The ability to learn new technologies and practices
- Able to follow instructions precisely
- Must have enthusiasm and a good attitude to learning
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Must be reliable
- Excellent work ethic
It is a course requirement to have the following qualifications to apply for this type of apprenticeship:
Level 2 Apprenticeship – Must have minimum of grade 4 GCSE in English and Maths
Level 3 Apprenticeship – 5 GCSEs at Grades (4-9) A*-C including Maths, English, and Science.
What we can offer you
- Monday to Friday working week
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- On Site Gym
- Staff Discount at multiple outlets
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent opportunities for progression
Great Transport Links
Cycle to Work
Free Car Charging Points
Don't just take our word for it ...
I've been at ACS for 10 years now and really enjoy seeing the company grow and new members of the team join us. I love my training role in sales as it enables me to impart my knowledge and experience and then witness new starters blossom and grow!
Sam Clarkson, Training & Improvement Coordinator
I'm a first-year Apprentice at ACS, I studied at the UTC and joined ACS in September 2021. So far, I am really enjoying my time at the company, it has been a great experience. When I first started it was a lot to take in, however the training is good and very interesting, and the trainers are very knowledgeable and easy people to be around.
I work in the HR Department as an Apprentice HR Administrator. I have been with ACS for almost a year now and due to finish my course in January 2023. Since I started, I have really enjoyed my time here, I have learnt so much and gained a lot of new skills due to the training and support from my manager, my college tutors and my colleagues. The culture across the business is really good, and I felt as though I fit in with everyone straight away, everyone was really welcoming.